LizardSkin Ceramic Insulation is an advanced, water-based
composition of air-filled ceramic and silica particles combined with acrylic
binders. Proven aerospace technology enables amazing LizardSkin Ceramic
* Reduce engine and solar heat transfer by 25-30 degrees or
* Reduce noise by as much as 10-12 decibels. *
* Protect surfaces from moisture and corrosion. *
* Withstand temperatures to 500° F. (260° C.). *
LizardSkin Ceramic Insulation is used to reduce heat and
noise transfer, seal unexposed body surfaces, and under fender wells to
prevent starring from stones and gravel. It can be applied by spray, brush
or, rolled on to, any clean and dry primed or painted rust-free surface
such as firewalls, inside and bottom of floorpans, transmission tunnels,
doors, inside door-skins, hoods, trunk lids, under headliners, inside fenders,
panel van walls & more. It may be sanded and painted if desired, with
no loss in thermal or acoustic performance.
As a general rule, the thicker the coating applied, the better
the benefits, but normally a thickness of .040" to .060" is optimal.
LizardSkin offers unique application and performance benefits.
Street Rodder Magazine's 2004 Road Tour car received a coating
of Lizard Skin insulation throughout the interior of the body.
For best results, LizardSkin should be applied with an approved
spray gun/nozzle. Brush and roller application is also possible.
* Environmentally friendly, water-based. *
* May be sprayed, brushed or rolled on. *
* Can cover hard to reach places like inner door panels. *
* Cleans up with soap & water. *
* No respirator needed; paper dust mask and protective eyewear recommended.
* Minimal splashback or overspray. *
After our experience with Lizard Skin on the Road Tour Car,
Hot Rods & Custom Stuff decided to become a dealer/applicator.
Using our state-of-the-art paint facility, applying Lizard Skin
to your Hot Rod will be a snap. Give it a try. You won't be disapointed.
Hot Rods & Custom Stuff, 2324 Auto Park Way, Escondido, CA.,
Hot Rods & Custom Stuff - builds, restores, paints, services
and sells parts for classic autos, cars, trucks and street rods.