The custom Deuce Steel frame is different from any you've
seen before, and looks it. It is specifically designed to alter the stance
by lowering the nose with "arched" front frame-rails that also
accentuate the body lines - giving you a traditional highboy look with a
lowboy stance. That's what we mean when we say its "Longer, Lower &
Cooler." You get the best of both worlds. It is designed for your Model
A body, specifically.
The frame is "inset" boxed for better welds, and incorporates a six-point, steel-tube, double K-member. The rear end is contoured to allow greater rear-end travel, and the wheelbase has been lengthened three inches to allow more engine room within the new frame length. All body mounts are incorporated in our new chassis and you will have to drill them to match your body.
And finally, the engine and transmission mounts are raised up into the frame for better ground clearance.
1. Deuce Steel "Inset-Boxed", tig welded rails
- arched, pinched & stretched and flattened for you're a body
2. Narrowed Model "A" front cross-member.
3. Inset boxed frame - tig welded.
4. Inset Vega steering box mount.
5. Six-point, steel-tube, double K-member.
6. Steel-tube driveshaft loop.
7. Rear 4-bar mounts (designed to accommodate custom Deuce Steel bars). Other designs at extra cost
8. Coil-over ready rear cross-member - buggy spring available at extra cost.
9. Contour notches for front and rear suspension.
10. Brake and clutch pedal mounts.
11. Brake master cylinder mount and clutch cylinder mount.
12. Custom modifications can be incorporated at extra cost.
13. Body mounting and floor alterations are customer options.
Note: The major differences in the Deuce Steel frame occur forward of the firewall. All stock and aftermarket bodies and body parts designed to fit a standard "A" frame will fit this frame from the firewall back. Forward of the firewall, the stock grill shell and hood panels will need to be modified. Deuce Steel is now providing modified 32' grill shells and hood panels.